Sunday, September 25, 2011

Inland Empire CSA: Week 1

The day I signed up with Inland Empire CSA, one of the workers was able to make a box up for me and I took one home. The four week trial for a small, weekly box costs $140 ($10 is a one-time processing/joining fee) which works out to $35/box. One feature I like about this CSA is that they allow you to swap out things you may not want if you pick your box up at the farmer's market.

Week 1's box contained:
  • basket of figs
  • salad greens (9 oz)
  • collards, 2 bunches (12.5 oz)
  • 1 large grapefruit
  • bunch of carrots (11.25 oz)
  • 1 cucumber
  • bunch of green onions (6 oz)
  • zucchinis (1 lb 5 oz)
  • summer squash (9.5 oz)
  • 2 melons (not sure what type these were), (2 lb 2.75 oz)
  • brown onions (8 oz)
  • 1 bunch radishes (8.25 oz)
  • heirloom tomatoes (1 lb 9.75 oz)
I know it's "type-A"-ish that I actually weighed everything but it's the engineer in me! How else am I going to be able to compare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...