Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mac & Cheese Substitute for Lasagna

In deciding what to bake yesterday, I saw a very tasty picture of lasagna. Being that it was after 8:00 PM, I thought the best way to get fresh, cooked lasagna in less than an hour (if I were to bake it myself) was to buy it myself. There is a restaurant called Sublime Pizza across the street from us. We haven't been there yet, only heard it had good Mac and Cheese. I was craving lasagna but to my surprise, they didn't serve it on their menu. So we decided to try the Mac and Cheese... Wow! What a selection! They had 17 different types of Mac and Cheese filled with everything from italian sausage to hot dogs to applewood smoked bacon. They even had a make your own, which is what I decided to order for the bost of us.
Choice 1 - Mac and Cheese with Monterey Jack and Gouda cheese, Italian Sausage and Red Bell Peppers topped with Gruyere Breadcrumb Crust

Ryan rated this one a 7. He said it could have used more breadcrumb toppings.

Choice 2 - Mac and Cheese with Monterey Jack and Gouda cheese (there were more choices of cheese but I couldn't decide), Turkey Sausage and Spinach topped with Gruyere Breadcrumb Crust (other choice there is parmesan)

Rating is probably a 7 as well. It was decent Mac and Cheese...pretty good but not #1. MUCH better than out of a box and you can tell it wasn't Kraft or Velvetta cheese. It tasted fresh. It could have used more fillings and a little less cheese and maybe a little pepper.

I'd still go again and try out something new and change it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...