Okay, baking has become a treat... Well, it's always a been treat. It was always my comfort, something I did to cure the pain, let the mind go blank, and the body to be at ease. Now, the "treat" is that I get to feel "normal" again. I get to feel like I'm not a working mom and do something I love to do for me... kind of like yoga. :)
About a month ago, my girlfriend organized a bake sale for her future step daughter. She asked friends on FB to make a dozen cookies to sell at the bake sale. I decided to take an old recipe and make it new. I added nutella to peanut butter cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (recipes tend to call for smooth peanut butter but I only have chunky lying around and it does just fine)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separte bowl. Slowly mix into the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir in Nutella.
- Bake at 350 degrees, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.