Saturday, January 30, 2010

Graham I am

From wong food!


I feel it is only natural that when there are tons of very urgent and important things to take care of, the best way to establish order amongst chaos should be to bake.

However, when that baking is your very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe at 10pm at night, when you're stressed and thinking that you *deserve* to eat a quarter of the cookie dough, then this may be an exception. No matter how delicious the recipe may be. That's for another post.

Of course today I had yet more important things to take care of, so to make myself feel better I looked at food blogs. One of my favorites is called "food loves writing", and one of her recent posts was on Graham Crackers.

"graham crackers? what an interesting idea. hmm what am I going to make for dinner tonight, did I get the mail already...?"

Obviously I'm focused. I looked at two more blogs and strangely enough they, too, had Graham Crackers.
Well surely this is a sign. And so I made delicious Graham Crackers.

Graham Crackers, from food loves writing

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup chilled unsalted butter cut into cubes
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

  1. Mix all dry ingredients in food processor. Add butter and mix until crumbs form. Then add honey and molasses and mix thoroughly. Lastly, add milk and vanilla.
  2. Roll out dough onto floured silpat. The thinner, the crispier, though as Shannalee notes, much less than 1/4" will make them *very* crispy.
  3. Chill for 15 minutes, cut into shapes and pierce with a fork. Bake 350 for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting - how did they turn out? Like the real thing?

    Now you just need to melt some chocolate and some of those homemade marshmallows on them...

    Oh, and invite me over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'm so glad you got to try these! yours look exactly like mine! what did you think? a little crispy, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...