Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baked S'mores

About a month ago, we went camping.  The hubby decided he wanted s'mores.  I'm not a fan of marshmallows and find s'mores a bit too sweet.  After camping, we had a lot of leftover graham crackers and marshmallows.  I decided to make a dessert for baked s'mores.  I found this recipe but was a little hesitant to try it.  I made her red velvet cupcakes previously and wasn't impressed so was a little weary to try this recipe.  I followed it exactly except used graham cracker toppings instead of Ferrero Rocher.  The marshmallows were very difficult to spread.  I would advise melting them in increments of 10 seconds and doing it in a 4 batches to make it easier to spread.  Mine came out in a big lump of marshmallows that was difficult to spread.  So I had to make some smaller batches anyway to help coat the top.  Broiling the marshmallows only needed about 1 minute as mine started to slightly burn at the 1 minute mark.  The end result was delicious!  I thought the dessert would come out really sweet but it wasn't.  The graham cracker crust and chocolate cake on top was a great combination.  Adding nutella on the top with little bits of graham crackers added the perfect touch.  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...