Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

We had a few very ripe and slightly bruised bananas left over from last weekend's camping trip. Neither of us is a fan of eating mushy bananas so I decided to bake with them. I decided to try something different and I don't know how I never thought of this before... Take a couple of my favorite things and bake them all together.

The great thing about this recipe is that neither the chocolate, peanut butter nor bananas have a dominate taste in the bread. There is a good mix of each of them and the bread is moist. It also makes 2 loaves so you can freeze one and eat one.

Makes 2 Loaves
~ 12 slices per loaf
~185 calories per slice
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 bananas, mashed
1 cup milk (I used soy milk and you can't taste the difference.)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I might try dark chocolate next time.)

1) Stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Put aside.
2) Beat together bananas, milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Mix in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
3) Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans. The batter will be about 1/2 a pan but the bread will almost double in size when baking.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until done.

2 comments:

  1. So good! I could have used more PB. But then, there is always room for more PB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I might add 1 cup of peanut butter next time. :) I love tasting peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...