Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pecan-Raisin Drop Cookies

While searching for a simple non-chocolate cookie to make, I found these. I never would have put these two  together and I honestly wasn't sure how good they would turn out.  They have a 100% "would make again" and 4-star rating, but I was still skeptical.

They are great!  They are slightly buttery and light with crunchy bits of pecans and plump raisins.  The kosher salt doesn't get lost in the cookies either and waves "Hey, taste me!" in certain bites.  Some of the reviewers complained that their cookies were flat, but I made the recipe as written and mine looked just like the picture.

I doubled the recipe, because I was going to take 1 batch to work and 1 batch for camping.  I thought for sure 100 cookies would be enough.  The recipe makes SMALL cookies.  I was making mine bite-size and using rounded teaspoons of dough as instructed.  The cookies are about 1.5 - 2" in diameter.  Despite this, I still only got about 78 cookies out of a double batch.  Definitely could have made more!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...