Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cinnamon Pecan Monkey Bread

This month's King Arthur Flour catalog illustrated a mouth watering Sticky Bun. I knew I had to make it or something like it. I decided to go with the monkey bread approach. I researched a few recipes... Sticky Bun + Monkey Bread = Cinnamon Pecan Monkey Bread... maybe it is better termed Sticky Monkey Bread...

Due to time constraints this weekend, I took the lazy approach. I bought the dough at the store instead of making it from scratch. Turned out delicious and it was simple to make.


4 dinner roll packs cut into quarters (Next time I would use 3 packages. Four will fill the bundt pan but three is probably sufficient.)
1/2 cup corn syrup/maple syrup/honey (I used a mixture of maple syrup and honey.)
3 tbsp melted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup diced pecans
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Recipe
1. Grease bundt pan
2. Whisk melted butter with corn syrup/maple syrup/honey. Pour mixture into bundt pan.
3. Mix brown sugar and pecans. Sprinkle over pan.
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. Roll dough into sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place dough lightly into pan.
6. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. This was soooooo delicious! I had to restrain myself from eating Jon's portion. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...