Tuesday, June 8, 2010

When life hands you lemons, make lemon cake!


Or was that lemonade? Lemonade is so boring. After a coworker left behind an abundance of lemons for the taking on the freebie table, I decided to make this lemon cake. I had all of the ingredients (except for 1 egg - thanks j&k!).

Unfortunately, I guess I didn't grease the pan enough because the cake BROKE after trying to remove it!

Bah!!!

I sprayed the pan with Pam but apparently it wasn't enough. I guess I'll have to do more than the 1/10000 of a second serving next time. I loosened the cake with a knife as directed but I couldn't reach the top of the pan and thought it would just come off. Nope. Parts of the cake were still stuck to the pan once I flipped it over. :(

I had planned on bringing in the cake to work, but since it looked... well, un-cake-like, I just distributed it to the family members.

Lemon Bliss Cake (or disaster cake)

The cake isn't as moist as I would have liked despite having still glazed it. I also would have preferred a more intense lemon flavor. I noticed later there wasn't any actual lemon flavoring in the cake itself -- just the glaze. It isn't bad and certainly is acceptable, but I am overall disappointed with this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...