Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gilroy Garlic Makes Roasted Garlic Compound Butter with Rosemary

With 8 cloves of Gilroy garlic, I was searching for any kind of delicious garlic recipe. I got suggestions for roasted garlic, pickled garlic and garlic ice cream.

Garlic #1 and #2: I started my venture off with a basic Garlic and Herb Cheese Bread with my trusty bread maker. No recipe, just winging it... a packet of yeast, ~2 cups of flour, ~1 cup of warm water, ~1-2 cups of mixed shredded cheese, salt to taste, dried oregano from the garden, and 2 garlic bulbs sliced, diced, and cloved. Put it in the bread maker to mix, knead and rise. Then transferred it to a bread pan and baked at 350 until done. It smelled like a ton of garlic and I was worried it would be too much garlic. But it tasted good. It could have used a little more cheese but I didn't have any more.

Garlic #3 - #7: In my search for garlic recipes, I came across this website. It had 3 different types of garlic recipes with roasted garlic. So I roasted 5 whole garlics in my toaster oven and used the butter compound recipe with my newly roasted Gilroy garlic. I'm not a fan of butter unless it's baked into cookies or a dessert. But the hubby likes butter and if this turned out well, I might spread it on a french bread for a snack. I used maybe 6 tbsp of butter instead of 8. And smashed all 5 roasted garlic into the butter. To add a little more flavor, I added a small handful of rosemary from Jen's garden. We'll see how it turns out... (pictures to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...