Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Very Dense Red Velvet Cupcakes

Last year, I made purple velvet cupcakes for my mother-in-law's birthday.  Since then, I have been searching for a red velvet cake recipe that actually tasted good.  A recipe where people said "mmm, I want some more."  I was watching this show called "The Next Great Baker" and contestant, Pam, made red velvet cupcakes that won her the top award during that challenge.  I found her blog and recipe.  So I decided to make her version and hoped they were to die for.

I followed her recipe completely and the results were a little disappointing.  The cupcakes looked good and were very red.  But they only tasted slightly better than okay.  The flavor was good but the cupcakes were too dense.  They weren't at all fluffy and didn't taste like cake.  The recipe made 24 cupcakes and good thing I was able to give them all away.  I guess I'll have to continue my search for a better red velvet recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...