Friday, February 19, 2010

Big Pleaser Lasagna

I love lasagna but never seem to be able to make it because it's meant for larger groups of people. So when my Darlinanna and her boyfriend were coming to visit, I decided it was time to make lasagna. One of my girlfriends once told me she makes an awesome lasagna. Her recipe came from All Recipes. From the 4.5 stars out of 1435 reviews, I knew it would be good. But of course, I still made some adjustments based on my own tastes. The instructions are the same, but the ingredients differ so here's my slightly different version.

1/2 pound of ground turkey
3/4 pound of mild italian sausage (about 4 links)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp fresh basil (from my garden)
1 tsp dried oregano (from my garden)
2 tbsp of brown sugar (this cuts the acidity in the tomatoes if you ever wanted to know)
1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes
1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
1 (16 oz) jar of any tomato sauce or pasta sauce
12 dry lasagna noodles
2 eggs, beaten
1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
4-6 cups of spinach
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound of mozzarella cheese, shredded

Follow the recipe from the link. The extra tomato sauce goes into Step 1. The spinach is mixed in with the ricotta in Step 3.

The lasagna was a hit! Former cook of 10 years finished his huge serving with a smile on his face. My BFF and 95 lb girlfriend both finished their plate. Hubby devoured the lasagna without a crumb to spare. And my plate looked like there was nothing at on it after I was through.

1 comment:

  1. Dude! That lasagna was AWESOME!!! I went from 95lbs to now 102lbs because of your lasagna! hahaha j/k!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...