Thursday, March 18, 2010

Almond Butter and Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I used the classic peanut butter cookie recipe and mixed it up a wee bit using almond butter, oat flour (rolled oats in a food processor), and chocolate chunks from some almond Ghirardelli squares I had lying around the house. (I think that's a run-on sentence.)


Makes 64 cookies
Approximately 83 calories each

1 cup butter
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups oat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
10 Ghirardelli squares, chunked into pieces

1) Beat together butter, almond butter, and sugars. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
2) Combine oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix into almond butter mixture.
3) Stir in chocolate chunks.
4) Bake 9 minutes at 350 degrees.


I chilled the dough for a few hours before working with it because it was very creamy. These cookies spread out quite a bit as well so make them small.

1 comment:

  1. OMG these look awesome! I LOVE almond butter! Almost as much as I love PB!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...