Thursday, March 18, 2010

Roasted Garlic Butter Bread

It got to late for me to blog about yesterday's baking encounters...

Last month, I made Roasted Garlic Butter with my Gilroy garlic.

Picture is not that appetizing, I know... but that's the butter rolled in wax paper.

I was going to a Cookies meeting last night and volunteered to bring rolls with the corned beef and cabbage main dish. I decided I would use my Roasted Garlic Butter for the dinner "rolls." I didn't have time to make dough from scratch so I bought some pre-made french bread dough from the store. Rolled out the dough on a mat, spread heapings of roasted garlic butter on the dough and rolled the dough back up. Viola! It was delicious and I got quite a few compliments last night.


You can do this with many different spreads like pesto or sundried tomatoes. I have also do this as a "pizza" by spreading a light tomato sauce and added in pepperoni, pancetti, and mushrooms. Yummy yummy yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...