Sunday, August 8, 2010

Golden Yam Brownies

Yams are exceptionally good for the body and I was trying to figure out something new to make with my yams this week. Behold, I found a recipe for Golden Yam Brownies. Who would have thought you could make brownies out of yams? These were delicious!


Based on some of the reviews, I decreased the sugar to 3/4 cups of brown sugar and 3/4 cups of white sugar. I also added in about 1/2 tsp of ground ginger and 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.

The brownies came out extremely moist and I am assuming this was due to the butter and/or eggs. Plus, the yams itself carry water. So for my next rendition, I plan on cutting both the eggs and butter in half. I like moist brownies but if it doesn't have to clog the arteries, I rather take it out. I'd also add in a little more ginger and cinnamon... maybe a tsp each, just for some added spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...