Friday, August 13, 2010

Carrot Muffins

After Shabu Shabu night, I had 4 pounds of carrot left to eat. I was looking up all sorts of recipes to use my carrots. I found this recipe from All Recipes, and I thought it looked fairly easy. It got good reviews, although only 9 of them, and I had all the ingredients in my house.

I followed the recipe but just added a few more carrots (2.5-3 cups or 3 grated carrots), about a tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg. I turned the recipe into muffins so that I could freeze them. It made 6 large muffins. Honestly, the muffins didn't look like much but they were delicious! Cooked perfectly, moist and you could taste the hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. This recipe is definitely a keeper, but of course next time I will use gluten free flour. 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...