Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gluten Free Quinoa Pilaf

While the hubby is off in Boise visiting his sister and her family, I am stuck at home... gluten free, wheat free, and practically dairy free. So I decided to try out some new recipes so I have more idea of what to cook during the weekdays. Today's recipe uses quinoa...

Usually when looking up quinoa recipes on the web, I tend to find cold recipes. Mainly a side or a salad type recipe. I wanted something hot, like a rice. So I attempted to make a sort of "quinoa pilaf." It actually turned out really good and was happy that it was a "hot" quinoa dish. I ate it with a tofu and bell pepper stir fry. Yum!
The picture probably looks like mush but make it and I'll prove you wrong.

1) Cook quinoa on stove.

1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups chicken broth (you and substitue vegetable or beef broth for a different flavor)

2) Roast 1/4 cup of pine nuts.

3) Stirfry 1/3 cup of diced onions.

4) When quinoa is cooked, mix all together in a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...