Monday, September 6, 2010

Curry Pineapple Fried Rice


We went our monthly family dinner at J&K's this weekend. The theme was Chinese food. I recently found out I am intolerant to gluten, wheat, cow's milk, cheese, and a few other foods. My family was awesome enough to prepare the Chinese dinner in all foods that I am no allergic too. :) My contribution to gluten free Chinese dinner was pineapple fried rice. I know, I know... it isn't really Chinese. It's more of a Thai dish. But when I asked J&K, I was told "never say no to pineapple" and "do it!"

One of the other foods I am allergic to happened to be milk so I was searching for an authentic recipe that didn't include coconut milk. I ended up incorporating 3 different recipes to make the dish... and it turns out I made a curry pineapple fried rice.

I thought it turned out delicious! Not too sweet or spicy, not too rich since it's without coconut milk, and not to bland too.

1) Mix together 1 tbsp curry powder, 2 tbsp gluten free fish sauce, and 2 tbsp pineapple juice in a small bowl.
2) Stir fry 1 sliced onion, 0.5 lb tofu, and 1 cup of diced bell peppers (I used red, orange and yellow peppers).
3) Stir in cooked white rice (1.5 cups uncooked rice), 2 cups of pineapple chunks, 1.5 cups of cashew, a handful of chopped cilantro and the curry mixture.
4) Eat well and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I love the name of your blog, as a fellow "Wonger" :)

    I love fried rice, and I love pineapples, so this recipe really caught my attention! Looks amazing, too bad there's no photo for me to drool while staring at it lol. Or maybe that's a good thing!

    Great blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a picture for you, Rice Palette!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...