Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cherry Tomato Harvest


A few months ago I bought two tomato plants, a Cherokee Purple and a Sweet 100 cherry tomato. I was a bit of skeptic about buying cherry tomatoes, not usually being a fan of raw tomatoes (and how else do you eat cherry tomatoes but raw in a salad?) but my mom had been going on about her delicious Sun Gold cherry tomato and I was sold. Sadly, my cherokee purple has yet to bear anything more than pretty yellow blossoms but the sweet 100 is laden with small green fruits. Well, earlier this week they began to ripen!
They're delightful! I think I may have picked them a few days too early but they still had a nice firm texture and sweet light tomato flavor. I think when the rest are ready I will be popping them in like grapes until I overdose on lycopene.

1 comment:

  1. YAY, you posted! :)

    The cherries are so cute and shiny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...