Saturday, January 30, 2010

Caramel Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding

I am a big fan of Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding but it turns out that Ryan likes this recipe for Caramel Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding better. It is a little less sweet. I can't decide. I love the croissant taste but I agree that this recipe with caramel is a little less sweet which is more to my taste buds... perhaps a mixture of both recipes.


Caramel Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding

1 pound french or broiche bread cut into 1" cubes
2 oz melted butter
1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp dark rum
1 tsp vanilla extract
3.5 oz dark chocolate
3.5 oz caramel sauce

1) Combine bread and melted butter. Spread cubes in a 9x13 baking pan and place in oven (350 degrees) until toasted (4-5 min). Remove from oven and let cool.
2) Mix cream, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, rum and vanilla. Pour over bread cubes and coat bread until completely soaked.

3) Layer bread in 9x5 loaf pan. Sprinkle chocolate chunks and drizzle caramel. Repeat layers with the remaining bread, chocolate and caramel.

4) Bake at 350 degrees until custard is set. About 20 min.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, if I knew you were hiding that at your house, I would have walked by today! I might have even been able to convince R. Hah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...