Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fattening the Belly with Cinnamon Rolls

I am a little down today so I feel like fattening up the belly with some homemade cinnamon rolls. I can't really take credit for the recipe since we got it from Ryan's mom. I changed around the recipe a bit to fit my style...

1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup water
1 pkg rapid rise yeast
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
3 cups flour

1. Warm milk in small saucepan until it bubbles. Remove from heat and mix in butter until melted.
2. Add water and let cool until lukewarm.
3. Add flour, sugar, salt, egg, and yeast into bread machine. Pour milk/butter/water mixture into bread machine.
4. Set bread machine to dough setting. (Add flour if needed.)

1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup softened butter (I'd use less... maybe 2-3 tbsp)
Optional Nuts (I am a big fan of nuts and used pecans but I'm sure walnuts would taste great too.)

1. Turn dough out onto floured cutting board. Roll into 12x9 inch rectangle.
2. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in bowl
3. Spread dough with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
4. Roll up dough and slice into 12 1" slices.
5. Place rolls into 9x13" greased baking dish.
6. Cover and let rise until almost doubled. (About 1-1.5 hrs)
7. Bake for 20-25 min at 375 degrees.


Frosting
1 cup confectioners sugar
1.5 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 tbsp butter softened
1/4 tsp vanilla extra (I like to use almond extract instead.)
1.5 tbsp milk

1. Combine confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
2. Add milk gradually until frosting reaches a spreading consistency.
3. Spread over warm (but not hot) cinnamon rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...