Thursday, October 6, 2011

Inland Empire CSA: Week 4

We had a BBQ at our house on Sunday so Kameran picked up my final box from the Inland Empire CSA at the farmer's market. Obviously I didn't trade anything out. I was a bit annoyed to find 3 grapefruits in the box again, especially because I noticed that they had a noted under my named label: Note: No grapefruit

Apparently the person packing the box did not read that part, or didn't care!

Week 4's box:
  • heirloom tomatoes (1 lb 2.5 oz) - probably more than double this, because I had cut some up for the BBQ before I weighed them
  • bag of arugula (8.75 oz)
  • small bag of green beans (8 oz)
  • small watermelon (5 lb 3.25 oz)
  • 3 large grapefruits (2 lb 4 oz)
  • 8 oranges (2 lb 14.25 oz)
  • 4 yellow squash (13.5 oz)
  • 2 small green bell peppers (5.75 oz)
  • 2 green apples (9.25 oz)
  • 2 onions, brown (10.25 oz)
  • 3 small heads garlic (2.5 oz)
  • 1 bag fingerling potatoes (15.25 oz)
  • 2 melons, not sure what kind (2 lb 11.25 oz)
  • 1 small melon with green stripes, not sure what kind (14 oz)
  • 2 small heads of garlic

I did pretty well with week 3's box, finishing almost everything except for the onions and garlic. Those keep longer though so I'm not worried about using them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...