Sunday, October 9, 2011

Inland Empire CSA: Wrap up

This week marks the end of the 4-week trial with the Inland Empire CSA. We had a lot of food to finish up from the BBQ we hosted last weekend, so I didn't do as well finishing last week's CSA contents. I still have an apple, 1/2 bag of arugula, the watermelon, the green beans, and 2 grapefruits (surprised?). I plan on taking this week "off" and officially starting the next CSA next Sunday.

Since this was my first CSA, I don't have much to compare it to, but here are some things I liked and didn't like about the Inland Empire CSA:

Yay
  • a good amount of fruits and veggies for me (one person, voracious produce eater), although I did supplement by buying greens for the week
  • ability to swap out items I didn't want at the farmer's market

Blah
  • cost seems higher when I compared it to other CSAs
  • most of the produce needed to be eaten immediately (e.g. the tomatoes were almost over-ripe and would get moldy in a day)
  • too much grapefruit, but more importantly, they ignored their own message to not put grapefruit in my box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...